The English Speaking Union (Queensland Branch)
The English-Speaking Union (ESU) is an international educational charity dedicated to promoting international understanding and human achievement through English.
ESU (Queensland Branch) is a not-for-profit organisation led by a board, supported by members and volunteers. The President is Emeritus Professor Caroline Hatcher and the Board consists of eight Directors.
ESU (Queensland Branch) has an active program of events throughout the year in support of its objectives. These events include:
- the public speaking competition for secondary schools: Junior, Intermediate and Senior divisions in South-East Queensland, Toowoomba and North Queensland
- the Roly Sussex Short Story Competition
- the annual Churchill Lecture and formal dinner
- lectures, discussions and cultural events
- workshops in public speaking, English language and communication
Membership is open to all